Notices / Terms & Conditions
Data Protection Notice
At gregmudd.co.uk, we are steadfast in maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our web site. In particular, we want you to know that gregmudd.co.uk / Greg Mudd is not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes. When someone visits gregmudd.co.uk we use a third party service, google analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. As part of e-mailing for information, registering for lessons, booking freelance work or requesting our occasional e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a few reasons: to tell you about material you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. Your personal information is stored digitally accessible only by the owner and the data protection officer. All information is password protected. We don't rent or sell email lists with other organisations and businesses. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by emailing email@example.com with the subject as ‘remove’. You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold, by emailing the Data Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Data is saved for no longer than 2554 days. Where a student / client remains current, data (particularly contact information) is held for the duration that the student / client is current. For the purposes of GDPR, a student / client is deemed "no longer current" after we have not communicated for 2554 days, after which time all their data will be deleted and destroyed permanently. If requested in advance private live streaming or recording of each lessons is available. This is not hosted or stored by gregmudd.co.uk; it is set-up and run by a GMail account for your private use (only). I do not have access to these recordings and all recordings use student/parents mobile phones. For GDPR compliance, please see Google's GDPR notice: https://privacy.google.com/businesses/compliance/#!?modal_active=none. Our GDPR policy will be reviewed on an annual basis on the 25th May each year, and at any other moment where it deemed necessary. In either case, a latest revised date will appear here: 27th May 2020 (version 5.1).
This website and its content is copyright of Greg Mudd - © GREG MUDD (2020). All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following: 1. You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only. 2. You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system. Contact details at the bottom of this page.
Tuition Terms & Conditions
Tuition / Lesson / Masterclass (hereafter session) Terms and Conditions
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, fees are payable in advance for the whole term or session, no later than five days before the start of the new term. I only accept payment by bank transfer.
- Fees will not be refunded for illness, missed, or forgotten lessons, or sessions cancelled by student/parent, and catch up sessions will not be offered, except in exceptional circumstances (i.e. for students taking exams imminently).
- If I have to cancel a session I will endeavour to reschedule it. If I am unable to reschedule a session, I will offer a refund via the subsequent term’s invoice. I reserve the right to cancel sessions, and will provide as much notice as practical.
- Fees are increased once each year, either in January or at the start of each academic year for those in education. Any increase will be notified in writing at least a week before the change takes place.
- Students are expected to attend regularly and punctually at the time arranged. If you are late for a session, your session end-time cannot be extended.
- In the interests of the student’s well-being whilst in the teacher’s care, the teacher must be informed of any medical or other condition affecting the student.
- Students must have access to a suitable instrument, which is properly maintained, on which to practice.
- Students are responsible for bringing the correct music (and any other previously disseminated practice material) to each lesson.
- Students must ensure that practising is done regularly, and to respect my teaching methods and decisions regarding exam entry.
- Whilst I will use my best endeavours to ensure the Student makes satisfactory progress, this cannot be guaranteed. In particular, careful regular practice as advised by me is a prerequisite of success on any musical instrument or in any musical endeavour.
- Printed music must be purchased in a timely manner by the student/parent, as advised by teacher.
- If the student is under eighteen, the student’s parent or guardian gives permission for the teacher to teach the Student.
- Private live streaming or recording of each session is available with prior arrangement.
- I require 30 day's notice if a student wishes to stop having lessons. If such notice is not given, an administration fee of £25 will be payable.
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days (the ‘cooling off’ period) without giving any reason. The cooling off period will expire after 14 days from the day of the conclusion of the contract. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us in of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or e-mail). To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cooling off period has expired. Effects of cancellation during the ‘cooling off’ period If you cancel this contract during the cooling off period, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you unless you requested us to begin the performance of services during the cooling off period. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. If you requested us to begin the performance of services during the cancellation period, you shall pay for the lessons provided.
- Where gift cards / vouchers / digital vouchers have been purchased / provided, these will automatically expire 365 days after issue unless I agree (in writing ) to an extension. Such extensions must be agreed before the gift card / voucher / digital voucher expires. Refunds on gift cards / vouchers / digital vouchers follow the same 14 day contract as per 15 (above). Part-used gift card / voucher / digital voucher refunds are NOT available.
- Online lessons via Skype and Zoom are available. Terms and costings are identical to physical lessons, and parents must be present for the complete duration of all online contact and lesson time if the student is under the age of 18.
27th May 2020 (version 3.1: point 17 added)